Friday, November 13, 2009

Getting there.

Have just about got myself organised in the way of photographic equipment and accessories for my stay at home in Scotland. I am a bit nervous about the amount of hand luggage I'll try and board the plane with. I'll carry on my large camera case and slung over my shoulder a soft long bag containing my light-stands and umbrellas...I hope they allow it to come along with me as if its sport equipment. I don't want those light stands being thrown around by baggage handlers if I cant carry them on. (but ultimately in the end what will be will be)

I'll contact the British Embassy here in Budapest (and the Scottish Society) either today or from Glasgow and propose that they get involved with this project in offering exhibition space here in Budapest or in promoting the project in some way as a facet of British/Scottish identity that should be seen by a wider audience.

I also realised that personalising the images will be far more effective than a group of 30 anonymous faces, so I'll put on the model release form three questions that the model may choose to answer either as a group or just one if they have the mood to do so. Questions along the lines of, "How do you see Scotland's future?" or "How are Glaswegians best described?" and "What do you think would surprise people to know about you?"

The above questions are just off the top of my head, I'll have to come up with something better than that I know.
But something in that vein is what I'm after...I'll have a quote from the person displayed under their image when the collection is displayed (either online or in an actual exhibition space) and that'll add an element of identity and a voice to the face.

I still have a lot to do today...a hectic teaching schedule and a lovely wife and three children to get busy with this evening.
My first plane takes off tomorrow at 7.20am so I have a lot to pack in to today and yet still hope to be reasonably refreshed and rested when I head to the airport in the morning.